Peachtree Corners’ social center, the Town Green — located in the popular Town Center on Peachtree Parkway, offers a variety of events year-round. Below is a collection of planned Spring and Summer events. From movies to concerts to livestream sports broadcasts on the giant screen, to early-morning yoga and outdoor Crossfit, to the Annual PTC Festival, there is surely something for everyone to enjoy!
Upcoming Events at PTC Town Center
Summer Concert Series
- Spin Doctors, May 28, 7:00 pm. Over 10 million albums sold and smash hits like ” Two Princes” & “Little Miss Can’t Be Wrong”, PTC Town Center kicks off the Summer Concert Series with the Spin Doctors — and Atlanta rock band Last Chance Riders will be opening act, taking the stage at 7pm.
- Everclear, with opening act Hushmoney. July 30, 7:00 pm. While it’s a virtual surety that no Everclear gig is complete without a rendition of “Santa Monica” and “Father of Mine,” lately the band has found that exploring the full range of past material—especially the “deep cuts”—not only gives fans a rare treat, but it also injects new life into the band’s live dynamic. And this year, the band’s calendar features a major milestone amid a career already filled with massive achievements, as 2022 marks Everclear’s 30th anniversary as a band. It’s as good a reason as any to kick things up a notch.
- Brotherhood, June 25, 7:00 pm., Doobie Brothers Tribute Band. Brotherhood is made of up of eight veteran musicians who were brought together by their love of Doobie Brothers’ music. They honor the original group, including two drummers and a percussionist, two guitars, bass, and keyboards, and all the vocal harmonies that made the Doobies incredible sound. 80’s Cover band juggernaut Guardians of the Jukebox will open the evening.
- The Wildflowers, August 13, 8:00 pm. America’s #1 tribute to Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. Equipped with decades of experience and a passion for Tom Petty’s magic way with songs, The Wildflowers bring music lovers of all stripes what they adore: more Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.
- Stayin’ Alive, August 27, 7:00 pm. This Bee Gees cover band offers their audience the sounds and sights of a full Bee Gees play list, singing blockbuster such as “Night Fvever”, “How Deep is Your Love”, and “Jive Talkin”. Stayin’ Alive is the quintessential tribute band to the Bee Gee’s capturing the excitement of live performance and the tender subtleties of the human voice. Atlanta’s The Mike Veal Band will open the evening.
Night Music Series — Live, Local Music!
- The Tony Howard Show, May 14, 7:00 pm. Night Music will kick off the series with Atlanta party band The Tony Howard Show! This band will make you feel as if you’re at a Las Vegas show with its stage presence, back-up dancers and tight musical arrangements. Tony Howard began performing music at an early age and has grown to be one of the most professional and electrifying entertainers in the business.
- Blair Crimmins and the Hookers, June 11, 7:00 pm. Blair Crimmins began his current music career in Atlanta, Georgia, with a determination to bring Ragtime and 1920’s style Dixieland Jazz to new audiences. While playing small rock clubs around the Southeast he developed a sound that is at once modern while being deeply rooted in the past. His debut 2010 release The Musical Stylings Of became a college radio sensation on WRAS Atlanta making him the most requested band on the air.
- Sailing to Denver, July 9, 7:00 pm. Sailing to Denver is a Unique Americana / Roots – Rock band that has been recording since 2011. This group of harmonious friends have spent the last few years developing an original sound and live show cultivated at local and regional festivals. Along with original songs, the band is known to play B side covers that everyone forgot they loved. Kicking off the evening at 7pm is Trappers Cabin. Robin Hilton from NPR All Songs Considered said of Trappers Cabin’s music “Trappers Cabin, the musical project of Georgia’s Joel Nettesheim, makes some of the most interestingly odd and unclassifiable music around. Nettesheim blends art-rock, freak-folk, psychedelia, and space rock and throws in plenty of surprises. From song to song, the sound twists and turns, and the result is an eclectic mix of music tied together by its collective goofiness and beauty.”
- The Artisanals, September 10, 7:00 pm. On the road is where The Artisanals feel most at home. Following the cues of the universe, the band is crisscrossing the country crashing on couches of friends and recent strangers, loading in and out of clubs and venues, and bringing their explosive live show to stages of all sizes. They are missionaries of rock n’ roll, performing gospel and turning on fans each night. This is the sound of the road; of heartache and good times; of an old classic and a new favorite. Atlanta based Rosey will kick off the evening. Rosey has opened her own professional recording studio, working with amazing artists of all genres, while also engineering and producing her own records. From her website, Rosey’s first single “… delivers a sweet & soothing message to everyone ready to re-emerge, see the stars, dance all night, fall in love and be reborn…at the party, come and get me, I’m…ready to play!”
Flicks on the Green
- Racing Stripes, May 7, at 7:00 pm (showing begins after finish of Kentucky Derby)
- Black Panther, June 4, 7:00 pm
- Big Hero 6, July 2, 7:00 pm
- Megamind, August 6, 7:00 pm
- Captain America, September 3, 7:00 pm
Sports on the Screen
- Atlanta United v Nashville, May 22, 7:30 pm
- Braves vs. Angels, July 23, 7:20 pm
- Braves vs Astros, Aug 20, 7:20 pm
- Day of Tailgating, September 17, Times/Games TBD
Yoga on the Green lead by Sun Dragon Yoga
- Every Tuesday 8:00 a.m. May 3 through Sept. 27 Please bring water (no glass containers), a small towel or two, and a mat, Yoga attire. Please note the ground can be wet for these early morning classes so a towel under your mat can be helpful.
Crossfit @ the Green, lead by Terrance Fox with CrossFit PPG
- Every Thursday, 10:00 a.m. May 5 through Sept. 29. Regardless of your fitness level or age, this is a strength and conditioning program that relies on constantly varied, functional movements performed at high intensity which achieves a health and fitness level that will sustain ANY lifestyle. Please bring water (no glass containers), a small towel or two, and a mat, workout attire.
Memorial Day Ceremony
11 am, Town Center, Details TBA
June 18 from 2pm to 5pm, Celebrate summer and being a kid on the Town Green. Admission to this event is FREE and includes interactive inflatables, rock climbing, face painting and more.
July 1-3, Details TBA. Enjoy the annual weekend festival with art/crafts vendors, live music, fun food, and kids activities. Visit their website.
Bark in the Park
July 16, 11:00am – 2:00 pm., Details TBA
Light Up The Corners
August 13, 6:00 – 11:00 pm. Do NOT miss out on this festive annual 1k Twilight Trot and 4 Mile Glow Run with Pre- and Post-race activities! Visit their website for lots of wonderful event details and participation & sponsorship opportunities.
All events are tentative. Check city website a week prior to event for confirmation.
PTC Town Center
The 21-acre Town Center is the heartbeat of PTC community, with over 15 restaurants (Fire and Stone Italian Pizza Kitchen, Marlowe’s Tavern, Salata…), retail shops (Hollywood Feed, Boardroom Salon, Hand and Stone…), office space, and now, 75 new townhomes that overlook a 2+ acre Town Green park. The park is a central gathering place for many in our community, and hosts live outdoor concerts and seasonal events. The city’s landmark bridge located at the main entrance to the Town Center guides pedestrians over Peachtree Parkway and connects with the Corners Connector, the city’s pedestrian and bicycle trail system, and The Forum Shopping Center where many retail shops and more wonderful restaurants await.
PTC Town Green
The Town Green, designed as space for outdoor activities, includes so many wonderful features: an active water play space, open air pavilion, café tables, fire pit, 22′ digital display screen, open lawn, playable art, an exciting new expanded play space for kids, a fitness trail, and a 2,500 square-foot veterans’ monument featuring sculptures of military service people.
Some tips to keep in mind when attending PTC Town Green events
- Items Allowed: Chairs & Blankets, Coolers Items
- Not Allowed: Tents, Grills, Glass Bottles
- All events are tentative ; Please check city website one week prior to event for confirmation.
- Park and Walk — Parking is available at the Town Center parking deck, and additional parking is provided at 3720 Davinci Court. You’ll park there, cross PTC Circle, and access the Town Green via a pathway. Look for signage.
I hope all our locals will come out and enjoy the exciting and varied events and this beautiful space we have here at the Town Center in Peachtree Corners. I hope that we will have the chance to welcome lots of visitors, too! I’d love it if you would leave a comment to share your favorite summer outdoor community event!